Clear Eyes, Full Hearts
today was long and annoying and frustrating and exhausting. it was a monday to the extreme. i am excited to pack up the day and say so long…to brush my teeth, climb into bed…and probably dream about FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS.
i’m obsessed. obsessed. we’re watching it on netflix and while we manage to watch a full disk in a saturday night (talk about a perfect date – bottle of wine, sushi ordered online and delivered directly to our door, pajamas) – the week in between is brutal. i can’t even bare to think how i would have felt if i had watched the show in realtime – the months when the show went on hiatus – i’m fairly sure would have led to hybernation and depression.
it’s been a long time since i’ve cared so much about a group of people, especially a group of people that i don’t know – and of course, i don’t know them because they are fictional…whatever. we’re at the beginning of the 3rd season and here are my current thoughts:
- i’m in love with MATT SARACEN – there is no question, he is currently a very sad sack, but i’m convinced i could fix all of his problems
- everyone needs a SMASH WILLIAMS in their life – i have one in the form of a very spirited jewish girl who likes to climb mountains
- all of the characters are so likeable, i find myself rooting for all of them, even TIM RIGGINS’ brother (BILLY)…except for JULIE – i hate julie
- COACH and TAMI = best tv couple ever
- depending on the angle, TIM RIGGINS is either super hot, or super not
- my favorite scene was in season 1 when LANDRY reffed the powder puff game – epic
- i’m missing JASON STREET’s roommate
- i’m loving GRANDMA and that can’t end well
- i hope TYRA goes to college as much as i hope EBN goes to college – for serious